Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rant on the contradictions of modern culture...in my opinion.



This culture we live in can make me feel scared, weird, bothered, non-existent, pissed off, lifeless, and bitchy all at the exact same time.
We are ALL so self-obsessed. Obsessed with image, obsessed with clothing, obsessed with materials, obsessed with youth, obsessed with coolness…yet at the very same time almost as obsessed with self-presentation.
Despite all of those obsessions we also want to be known for how “real” we are, how down to earth, how hipster, how non-hipster, how nice, how artistic, how fabulous, how Zen, how self-actualized, how intelligent.
This bothers the living (cuss) out of me…at least a few times a year. I guess I find it bothersome mainly because these two different sides of who we are trying to portray contradict each other utterly and constantly.
In fact, no one is authentic anymore it seems. Including me. Our culture is so hyperly sensitive and in your face and constant and technical and fast and intrusive…. that how could we be???????????????????? Facebook that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment